Ir al contenido principal

PRACTICUM II





LEARNING TO BE A TEACHER MEANS GROWING UP
Learning to be a teacher for adolescents is a significant experience. Since I was a child I thought that being a teacher was the easiest job until I had the challenge to be a teacher. This had been one of the hardest experience that I will never forget. Fist at all I remember important moments were I realize that teaching was the job that I was looking for but I had to be mature. 

I can say that I have three important moments in which learned a lot. The first class as individual group. I remember that I was a little afraid of that cause I had to  do a review of what my classmates had done. I did an activity in which the alphabet was pasted on the wall and students would paste the correct pronunciation according to the word. I modeled  and asked for a volunteer. I thought that it was difficult but some of them started to sing the ABC song. At the end I adapted and we sung it. Second, the puzzle warm up. I had created a puzzle in which students had to find the places on the town. Many of them got the words very quick. Third one, when I had one class in which students were trying to do whatever they want and I had to change my tone of voice to control the class.

Becoming a teacher means that you have to accept good and bad comments. When the classes started I was in a group of 9 students. At this time, I received many good comments about my classes and some of my classmates got some strategies from them. But when my students were mixed with the other group, I knew that was a big challenge. The first time that I got a class to the new group, I was afraid, I had to accept that I had to change many things such as my way to give instructions (body language and verbal way) and to be the authority at class. I was frustrated but the only solution was to asking for help.

No one will change until you do it. I had realized that to be a teacher, first I need to be mature to accept all the comments that I will received as a future teacher. Second, I have to think for activities that can be for visual, kinesthetic, tactile and auditory students. And the last one but not less important, all the jobs are challenging but just this one will help to create better people for our society



Comentarios

  1. Gloria: I know during this practicum there were some unclonfortable moments for you and some of your classmates, but out of all, I am glad you learned from them and made them part of your experiences. I have told you that you have very goosd ideas and most important, the atttitude, but that is not all you need for succeeding in a lesson. Is a mixture of aspects like good and appropriate activities and materials inspired in the students along with your attitude. I could see how you struggled to improve in each of the lessons you planned and at the end the person standing infront of the students was a better version of the Teacher Gloria they met at the beginning of this course. I encourage you to keep on learning more teaching and learning strategies every day and to plan each of your lessons so carefully that when you teach everything will make sense for you and for your students. Good luck in your TP III

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

ACTIONS

ACTIONS Vocabulary:  Run, climb, eat, fly…so on Grammar:   It was the third class of the last period. I was impressed because until now I realized that we had changed, I mean we are not the same students that started the semester. We are focusing in being good teachers and how to keep the attention of our students in us. The class started with Raul which got my attention because he demonstrated that he is a good teacher. He started with a warm up in which he sang the “Hello” song· He asked SS to do different movements according what he was doing. For example, when he said “happy” they had to jump in order to demonstrate how happy they were. I loved the way that he did it because he did it many times in order to internalize the new hello version song.  Also he did clear instructions. After the warm up. Raul asked them to pick up their own names and show the picture that was inside. For example, Imelda`s name has a grandmother. Everybody participated and they w

Fortune teller game

LINK: http://english-zone.com/members/teach/futurefortunes.pdf http://www.stevevalentine.com/uploads/2/1/6/7/21677538/fortune_telling_with_playing_cards.pdf http://www.labirintoermetico.com/02Tarocchi/Foli_P_R_S_Fortune_Telling_by_Cards.pdf Fortune Telling Playing Cards First things first, the suits (Hearts, Clubs, Spades, and Diamonds) are associated with the four elements, as follows: Hearts – Water Clubs – Fire Diamonds – Earth Spades – Air What Each Playing Card Means: Ace of Hearts  Love and happiness. The home, a love letter. This card is a particularly favorable card that indicates troubles and problems lifting. King of Hearts  A fair-haired man with a good nature; or a man with Water signs predominating in his chart. Fair, helpful advice. Affectionate, caring man. This man helps you out without much talk. His actions reveal his kindness and concern. Queen of Hearts  A fair-haired woman with a good nature; or a woman with Water signs

relative pronouns

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/relative_clauses/relative-clauses-intermediate/62339 https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/relative_clauses/relative-clauses-relative/34838 https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/relative_clauses/relative-clauses-preintermediate/19535 https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/relative_clauses/relative-clauses-london/29171 https://en.islcollective.com/resources/